Residency Requirements

Students enrolling at Rock Valley College are classified as resident, non-resident, out-of-district, or out-of-state for tuition and fee purposes. The college’s Board of Trustees established the following guidelines:

Residency Status


A student, who has resided within Illinois and the Rock Valley College District 511, 30 days immediately prior to the start of the term, is eligible to be classified as a resident student for tuition calculation purposes.

Communities that comprise District 511 include: Belvidere, Blaine, Byron, Caledonia, Capron, Cherry Valley, Davis Junction, Durand, Garden Prairie, Harrison, Hunter, Loves Park, Machesney Park, Monroe Center, Morristown, New Milford, +Oregon, Pecatonica, Poplar Grove, Rockford, Rockton, Roscoe, Seward, Shirland, South Beloit, Stillman Valley, and Winnebago.

+Portions of these communities are included in the district


map of the college district

RVC District Map

Residency requirements may differ for limited enrollment programs admission. Proof of residency status is required at the time of registration. Proof of residence can include driver's license, voter's registration card, notarized and dated lease agreement, and/or utility bill.